Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My Favorite Three Hours of the Week


Sunday is my favorite day of the week. I get to take a break from my usually hectic schedule of running around all day, preaching the Gospel, and doing service for others. On this sacred day, for 3 hours I can sit in the peace and comfort of the church walls and feel the Holy Spirit all around me. In church this week we had some wonderful speakers. Members from the congregation are selected each week to speak and share insight on specific topics, chosen through prayer. They spoke to us about revelation and how to acquire spiritual guidance. I would like to share the thoughts that I had about these talks and how I felt.

First, I will speak of the latter topic of how to acquire spiritual guidance. The woman speaking gave a scripture on the matter. It was in the book of Hebrews in the New Testament, chapter 11:1, which says, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." We must have faith in something and that something must give us some amount of hope. That “something” that we must have faith in is actually a “someone”; Jesus Christ. He is the Way of the Truth and the Life. As we follow Him we find solace and hope for a brighter tomorrow.

Now onto the other topic. This one really struck me. I am in need of change for this. It is about revelation from God. Along the same lines as the above, this speaker took it to another level for me. He first off stated a pattern by which revelation comes. Which goes as follows: pray, read, ponder, and pray. In other words, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.” (Matthew 7:7-8). The Lord is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He wants to answer us, but so much of the world today isn't asking. It is that simple “ask and ye shall receive”! Another point that this man hit on was the fact that a good sense of humor can help clear your mind and ease stress to help you in receiving revelation, but someone who is sarcastic and ….. dulls the influence of the Spirit for themselves and afflicts others with snide remarks. I want to use one quote that he shared as well, “Being rejected from His kingdom because of a warped sense of humor would not be funny.”
I felt the Spirit teach me that these things are true. I have a lot of improvement to do. What things do you need to change? Have you received an answer to your prayers lately? Have you asked any questions to your Heavenly Father? That is where it begins,
"
line upon line, precept upon precept". I bear this witness to you all.
BE BLESSED

No comments:

Post a Comment